Achieve 100% Reads
"If a live tag was in the carton, the ThingMagic Mercury RFID readers caught it and achieved 100 percent read rates, with no misreading of any of the 13,500 RFID tags. In fact, we had some cartons with over 100 items, which we thought might result in RFID read errors due to high density and shielding of tags, but these, too, were read at 100 percent"
-- Frank Cornelius, New Balance
The Vega reader is built around our award winning, high performance M5e UHF RFID module. The Vega reader meets the harsh environmental operating standards required for use in trucks and automobiles (In Vehicle Reader model), and is ideal for deployment in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor applications. A version is available to support applications which call for the maximum permissible output power allowed by EU regulations. The Vega reader utilizes a local personal computer (not included) to provide command and control via its RS-232 serial interface.
Features of the Vega RFID Reader include:
- Support for EPCglobal Gen 2 (ISO 18000-6C) with Anti-Collision, DRM, and advanced anti-jamming
- Three reverse-TNC antenna ports supporting monostatic 50 Ohm antennas
- 9-pin serial connector, supporting RS232 with asynchronous data rates up to 921.6 kbps
- 2 General Purpose inputs and one output, accessible via Molex© Connector
- Certification obtained, or in process, for the following regions: North and South America, EU, Korea and other Asia-PAC countries
- Confirmed to meet in-vehicle standards
- Error-free read performance in vehicles with hundreds of tagged assets like tools, electronic and IT equipment, and appliance spare parts
- Dimensions: 8.5 in L x 5.25 in W x 1.5 in H (21.6 cm x 13.3 cm x 3.8 cm)
Volume and other discounts available.